Israel Road Safety Personal Pledge
Change one small behavior and you could save a life!
It’s hard to change old habits. But together, one small step at a time, we can make a difference.
Remember, your family needs you alive!
- Not to text while driving on the road, talk on a mobile phone unless it is hands-free, or wear headphones that prevent me from hearing other road users
- To limit conversations in the vehicle that might cause me to become distracted.
- To wear a seatbelt at all times and ensure that the passengers in my vehicle are securely strapped in. Baby car seats and booster seats must be secured according to the manufactures instructions.
- To obey the speed limit, to slow down near schools and hospitals. I will maintain a safe distance from the car in front of me.
- To use my indicators at all times. In bad weather, wet or slippery roads and low visibility, I will use headlights and adjust my speed accordingly.
- Not to overtake on a solid white line and only when the road markings allow me to do so. I will not use the shoulder of the road to overtake another vehicle.
- Not to drink and drive or while under the influence of drugs. I will not drive when I am fatigued or when my reaction and response time could be impaired for any reason
- To be courteous and respectful of other drivers and pedestrians, or anyone who is on the street or sidewalk
- To ensure that my vehicle is properly maintained and my brakes and tyres, including the spare, are in good order
- To cycle in single file so that motorists can maintain a safe driving speed and distance.
- To wear a helmet on all two-wheeled vehicles (bicycle, motorcycle, scooter) for my own safety
- Not to weave in and out of traffic or use the pedestrian crossings to beat traffic lights
- To ensure that my cycle’s reflectors are clearly visible
- To walk on sidewalks and footpaths and avoid walking next to the curb or on the road wherever possible.
- Cross at pedestrian crossings.
- Help other road users to see me especially in low visibility conditions
- Educate my children on road safety
- Not allow any of my children under the age of 8 to cross a road unaccompanied by a responsible person.
- Make sure my children are buckled up.
- I will make sure that my vehicle is properly ventilated and I will not leave children or pets unattended in my vehicle at any time.
Thank you for making a commitment to keep Israel’s roads safe