Some free legal advice for Israel’s Anglo community.
Need some free legal advice? Ask an Israeli lawyer. Use our resources contributed by licensed English speaking lawyers and advocates in Israel recognized by the Israel Bar Association, they are also licensed to practice in certain other countries.
Signing a contract, purchasing a home, family related issues, labor laws, vad habayit – these are all issues that olim are faced with and hurdles that sometimes need to be overcome.
We’ve put together a selection of useful articles but, do bear in mind none of these articles replace the specific and personal advice that will be given to you by your legal counsel.
- Choosing the right lawyer – Adv. Jay Hait
- Emergency help lines and resources for children
- Hotzaa Lepoal – When the courts’ bailiff comes knocking
- Legal Terms – Hebrew, English and transliterations
- Child Abduction Laws
- Kidnapped Children – Adv. Jay Hait
- Rights of Children in Israel
- Child Custody – Adv. Jay Hait
- Israeli experts in foreign law – Adv. Daniel Schwartz
- Enforcing foreign judgments in Israel – Adv. Daniel Schwartz
Marriage & Divorce
- Jewish Marriage in Israel
- A prenuptial agreement in Israel -Adv. Jay Hait
- interfaith Marriage in Israel – Jonah’s personal story
- Saving a marriage under stress – Adv. Jay Hait
- Introduction to divorce in Israel
- Thinking about divorce – Adv. Jay Hait
- Legal Separation
- Contemplating your financial future – Adv. Jay Hait
- Co-parenting after divorce
- The Divorce Agreement
- 6 Steps to Getting Divorced in Israel with a Comprehensive Divorce Agreement – Adv. Jay Hait
- Protecting gifts – Adv. Jay Hait
- The grandparents role during their children’s divorce proceedings
- Navigating the holidays. Who gets the children -Adv. Jay Hait