September & October festivals, shutdowns at Israel train stations & changes to rail traffic.
Thursday, September 14th – Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Due to maintenance work including the upgrade of tracks and construction of the new Mazkeret Batya station, there will be no trains between Be’er Sheva Center station and Lod station. Kiriyat Gat and Lahavim-Rahat stations will also be closed. This will come into effect at 10 a.m. Thursday, 14.9.17 until 05:00 a.m. Sunday, 17.9.17
Also, from 22:00 p.m. Thursday, 14.9.17 until 05:00 a.m. Sunday, 17.9.17
- Trains to / from the north will start and end at the Tel Aviv-Savidor Center station.
- Trains from Rehovot, Be’er Ya’akov, Yavne West and Rishon LeTzion HaRishonim Stations will start and end at Lod station.
- The following stations will be closed: Pa’ate Modi’in, Ben Gurion Airport, Lod-Gane Aviv and Kfar Habad.
- The Jerusalem – Herzliya line: Trains will operate between Jerusalem station and Lod station only.
- Additional services will run on the Hod HaSharon – Be’er Sheva line. Passengers from Ashkelon station and Ashdod Ad Halom station to Tel Aviv stations and the north, will take trains to Hod HaSharon and change trains at Tel Aviv-Savidor Center.
- Trains to Ben Gurion Airport station will operate between Nahariya and Tel Aviv-Savidor Center in both directions. Shuttle services will be available in Tel Aviv-Savidor Center station and Ben Gurion Airport station.
Shuttle services between Lod station and Ben Gurion Airport station will be available on Friday, 15.9.17 and Saturday evening, 16.9.17.
All train services will return to normal on 17.9.17 during the night between Saturday and Sunday, starting with the train leaving Nahariya station at 03:13 and from Ben Gurion Airport station at 04:53.
Erev Rosh Hashanah – 20.9.2017 – trains will operate according to the regular Friday schedule
NO trains will operate during the 2 days of the chag: 21st and 22nd September.
Erev Yom Kippur – 29.09.2017 – trains will operate as usual until 1pm only.
On 30.09.2017 there will be NO train service with the exception of the 23:13 train from Nahariya to Ben Gurion Airport
Sukkot & Simchat Torah
Trains on the festival eves operate as per the regular Friday schedule and trains on the festival days, run according to the end-of-shabbat schedule.
There will be some slight changes to train schedule on the intermediate days – Chol Ha’moed. Please consult the Israel Rail website for exact information.