Train shutdowns and updates for November 2017.
Israel Railways has announced the following updates for November 2017. Maintenance and improvements are being carried out on various lines, extra lines have been added and even a free ride between Karmiel and Ahihud.
Timetable change for train from Be’er Sheva North Station to Dimona Station
The train from Be’er Sheva North Station will depart at 17:52 and end its journey at the Dimona Station at 18:01 instead of 18:16.
Temporary shutdown between Binyamina station and Tel Aviv University station
Due to work to maintenance and improvement the Caesarea-Pardes Hana, Hadera West, Netanya, Netanya Sapir, Bet Yehoshu’a and Herziliyya stations will be closed starting from the night between Monday, 30.10.17 and Tuesday, 31.10.17 at 00:01 until Sunday, 5.11.17 at 05:00 in the morning.
- Trains to /from the north: will begin and end at Haifa-Hof HaKarmel Station and/or Binyamina Station (The train to Binyamina station will exit from Nahariyya station once every hour). Passengers to Tel Aviv can the use the bus service from Haifa-Hof HaKarmel Station.
- Trains to /from the south: will begin and end at Tel Aviv-Savidor Center Station
- Carmiel – Haifa/Be’er Sheva line: trains will begin and end at Haifa-Hof HaKarmel Station.
- Jerusalem Malha – Bet Shemesh – Herziliyya line: trains will begin and end their journeys at Tel Aviv HaHagana.
- Bet She’an-Atlit line (The Emek line): will operate as normal.
- Hod HaSharon– Be’er Sheva: will operate as normal. Passengers from the south traveling to Tel Aviv University Station are requested to change trains at one of the flowing stations: Tel Aviv Savidor/ Tel Aviv HaShalom/ Tel Aviv HaHagana.
Ben Gurion Airport
Commencing the night between Monday, 30.10.17 and Tuesday, 31.10.17 at 00:01 until Sunday, 5.11.17 at 05:00 a.m.
The night train to Ben Gurion Airport station: will end at Binyamina station. Trains from Ben Gurion Airport station will NOT operate.
Shuttle services will operate from Ben Gurion Airport station and Haifa Hof HaKarmel, Binyamina, Hadera West, Netanya, Bet Yehosh’ua and Herziliyya in both directions.
From 00:30 to 04:35, shuttle services to/from Ben Gurion Airport will also stop at Tel Aviv-Savidor Center station.
Train services will return to normal on Sunday 5.11.17 beginning with the train from Nahariya Station to Ben Gurion Airport Station at 03:13 and from Ben Gurion Airport station to Nahariya Station at 03:38.
Note: The reserved seating option will not be available during this time.
Closure of the line between Dimona Station and Be’er Sheva North/University Station
The line will close from Thursday, 19.10.17 (07:00 until Sunday, 22.10.17 (05:00). A free shuttle services in both directions will operate between Dimona station and Be’er Sheva North/University Station.
Compensation during closure
Customers with a season ticket (Flexible 7, Flexible 30) that is valid during the closure period and that includes one or more of the closed stations are entitled to compensation.
The validity period of an existing train ticket, will be extended, as per the number of days during which the ticket was valid and the specific segment closed.
Compensation must be added at the automatic machines or ticket offices until one day after the ticket’s expiry.
A free shuttle service will operate between Dimona Station – Be’er Sheva North/University Station:
Hadera – Tel Aviv Line
Starting Sunday 1.10.17 an additional train, on Sundays, has been added to the Hadera – Tel Aviv line at 07:44. This train line stops at: Netanya, Bet Yehoshu’a, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv Savidor Center, Tel Aviv HaShalom and Tel Aviv HaHagana stations
Free train rides from Karmiel & Ahihud
To mark the opening of the two stations; Karmiel and Ahihud, the Ministry of Transport is offering special prices for tickets on this line.
For all questions and information regarding schedules and fares, please contact Israel Rail Customer Services at *5770.