Israel Aliyah statistics for 2018 as published by the Israel CBS.
These are the official Aliyah statistics for 2018 as published by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics.
Since Israel’s independence in 1948 about 3.3 million people have immigrated to this country. The figures released by the Israel CBS show that 43.7% of them made Aliyah from 1990 onward.
In 2018, 29,800 immigrants made Israel their new home reflecting an increase of 6.6% over 2017. The immigrant placement rate stands at 3.2 immigrants per 1,000 residents.
The largest number of immigrants by country
Aliyah by Country by www.gov.il
The largest number of immigrants came from Russia. In 2018 there was a 46.6% increase (10,460 immigrants in total) compared to 2017 (where there were 7,135 immigrants).
In 2018, the number of immigrants from France decreased by 23.5% compared to 2017. French Aliyah peaked in 2015 – when 6,628 people immigrated to Israel.
- Aliyah statistics for 2016
- Aliyah life satisfaction survey
- Use our Aliyah and Relocation Database to plan your move to Israel
- See what our readers say about the cities, towns and communities they chose to live in
- Articles of interest for Francophones in Israel – Alya Israel Francais
- Useful Articles for Russian speakers
The level of education among immigrants aged 15 and over was relatively high – 74.3% of them had studied for 13 years or more and about half of them (54.4%) had studied for 16 years or more.