Programs for Israeli Children with Special Educational Needs.
Hebrew: חינוך מיוחד
Israel’s Special Education Law
The Special Education Law allows for the advancement and development of the abilities of disabled children, to correct and improve their physical, mental, psychological & behavioral performance, to convey knowledge, skills, habits & social behavior for the purpose of becoming part of society.
The Law provides special education or individuals between the ages of 3 to 21. The law also states that it is the right of every child from the special education system, to study in Israel’s regular education system and to receive all the necessary rehabilitative services.
- Special education enrichment and complementary therapies available, include:
- Diagnosis and Treating of children with learning disabilities
- Mental retardation. (Down’s Syndrome, Fragile X , Cerebral Palsy, Autistic traits, Hyperactivity)
- ADD & ADHD
- Emotional disorders and psychological disorders
- Visual impairment
- Developmental & language delay
- Deafness and hearing impairment
- Career education – Young entrepreneurship project and induction to the IDF
- A Snoezelen Room
The Placement Committee of the Israel’s Ministry of Education
Children between the ages of 3-18, who require a special framework can request an assessment from the Ministry of Education. Requests are made in writing by parents or by the school to the Chairman of the Placement Committee of the Ministry of Education Decisions can be appealed within 21 days to the Appeals Committee.