The Ministry of Aliyah & Integration in Israel – Misrad HaAliyah VeHaKlitah
Hebrew: משרד העלייה והקליטה
The Ministry of Aliyah and Integration is responsible for assisting new immigrants and returning residents as outlined by the State of Israel. They are responsible for encouraging aliyah and the absorption procedures prior to and after immigration (aliyah) to Israel. In the immigrant population they also promote entrepreneurship, provide employment assistance, promote Hebrew learning, promote higher education and assisting at-risk immigrant youth.
The Ministry of Aliyah and Integration works in conjunction with the Ministry of Construction and Housing and the Ministry of Finance to provide assistance with housing for eligible immigrants.
Financial assistance to new immigrants is provided in the following ways:
1. Sal Klitah – The Absorption Basket
The Absorption Basket is financial assistance designed to help immigrants during the initial stages of aliyah with living expenses during ulpan study (6 months) as well as rental assistance for their first twelve months in Israel
2. Income Insurance – Bituach Leumi
Immigrants who cannot work to support themselves are entitled to receive income insurance – Bituach Leumi. Income insurance is also provided for those immigrants who cannot be considered ’employment seekers’ for special reasons.
3. Additional Financial Assistance
Additional financial assistance is given to needy immigrants, refugee immigrants, complementary income to low-salary immigrants, loans for entrepreneurs, scholarships, grants to soldiers and other sectors of the community as outlined in current laws and regulations.
We always hear horror stories from new immigrants when they are forced to venture into any of the government offices. Misrad HaKlitah is no exception. Fortunately, you can now access your immigrant file online and enjoy the following online services:-
- Find your position in the public housing waiting list.
- Update your address in Israel
- Verify the payments you have received from Misrad HaKlitah
- Verify new immigrant and returning resident entitlements
- Apply for employment assistance
- Download forms
- Apply for business advice prior to and after Aliyah
The Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption has recently opened a call center for information on a variety of topics. Here is the call center contact information
- Contact information for government ministries & offices
- Embassies & Consulates
- The Police
- Israel’s Social Services
- Visiting a government office? Don’t pull your hair out, learn these useful words and phrases – Hebrew English and transliterations
- Hebrew words for most official documents
- Dozens more free, word sheets with Hebrew English and transliterations