The National Insurance Institute – HaMosad LeBituach Leumi
Hebrew: המוסד לבי[td_smart_list_end]טוח לאומי
The National Insurance Institute – Bituach Leumi – is a government office responsible for collecting national insurance contributions and payments in accordance with the provisions of the law and regulations of the State of Israel.
Unemployment, monthly allowance for children up until age 18, disability, pension, maternity benefits, work accidents, burials, income support, righteous gentiles, benefits for demobilized soldiers are just some of the issues they oversee and of course registering your business and insurance contributions for self-employed business people in Israel.
Branches of Bituach Leumi in the main centers, across the country
|Afula||1 Menachem St. P.O.B. 2042, 1828201|
|Ashdod||14 HaBanim St. 77100|
|Ashkelon||101 HaNasi St. 73283|
|Beer Sheva||6 Wolfson St|
|Bnei Brak||12 Aharonowitz St. 51377|
|Hadera||7A Hillel Yaffe St. 3820310|
|Haifa||8 Pal-Yam Blvd|
|Holon||26 Pinhas Lavon St. 5816201|
|Jerusalem||4 Shimon Ben Shatach St. 9414704|
|Karmiel||11 Nesiei Israel Blvd. 2192111|
|Kfar Saba||Weizman 39|
|Krayot||50 Ahi Eilat St.|
|Nahariya||62 Weizman St. 22100|
|Nazareth||3 HaMachzavot St. Industrial Area 16000|
|Netanya||68 Herzl St. 43239|
|Petach Tikva||72 Rothschild Blvd. P.O.B 454,4947332|
|Ramat Gan||15 HaHashmonaim St. P.O.B 10300, 5248284|
|Ramle||9 Danny Mass St.|
|Rechovot||64 Remez St. 76449|
|Rishon LeZion||7 Yisrael Galili|
|Tel Aviv||17 Yitzhak Sade, 61201|
|Tiberias||1 Zaki EI Harif St|
|Yaffo||30 HaTkuma St. P.O.B 8507, 61084|
Bituach Leumi Self-Service Stations
An assortment of services are available at the self-services stations, at the main branches, including:
- Authorizations regarding benefits – Authorizations of payments and entitlements in most issues relating to benefits
- Authorization regarding insurance contributions – Account information and authorizations for income tax purposes
- Authorization regarding insurance – Authorizations that delineates work periods and types of work according to NII listings
- Authorization regarding health insurance – Authorization of membership in health funds
- Summary of information regarding unemployment benefits
- Summary of information regarding insurance and collection of contributions
- Instructions, at the self-service stations, are provided in Hebrew, Arabic and Russian.
Bituach Leumi operates a mobile branch which reaches areas where there are no local National Insurance Institute branches and where there is a high demand for service. It provides a wide variety of services: forms and authorizations, replies to inquiries regarding the status of claims/files, payments, submission of claims and documents, etc..
The mobile branch is regularly active at Kuseifa, Ar’ara, Hura and Segev Shalom – Mondays, Wednesdays 08:30-12:30, at the bureau of social services.
- Misrad Hapnim – The Ministry of the Interior
- The Ministry of Aliyah and Integration
- Contact information for government ministries and public offices
Contact Bituach Leumi
The national telephone number for Bituach Leumi is *6050
The Department of Public Enquiries is located in Jerusalem and their telephone number is 02-6709070
The Bituach Leumi website is www.btl.gov.il.
The National Insurance Institute recently announced a number of services that can be done online via their website and they include filling in forms for:
- Application for maternity benefits
- Application for unemployment benefits
- Application for general disability allowance
- Application for work injury claims
- Annual tax returns
- Updating bank details for the monthly child allowance benefit
Calculating your Bituach Leumi Benefit
The Bituach Leumi website’s online calculators allow you to estimate the sum of the benefit you are entitled to. A Bituach Leumi Claims Officer will determine the precise and exact amount you are entitled to receive.