Changing Health-Funds (Kupat Holim) to another
Hebrew: ?איך מחליפים קופת חולים
Whether you are not satisfied, or for any reason whatsoever, in Israel you have the right to switch from one health-fund (Kupat Holim) to another, provided you have been a member of your current health-fund for at least one year.
Here is what you need to do
- You need to obtain the “Tofes Hodaat Maavar” – The Notification of Transfer Form – from any branch of the post-office
- Fill out the form and hand it in at the post-office. You will be charged a nominal fee
- You can also complete this procedure via the Bituach Leumi website (National Insurance Institute) – the form is in Hebrew only 🙁
- Make a request from your current Health Fund that your medical records and information be transferred to the new one. There is no charge for this service.
Note that your rights as a member of a health-fund are not harmed in any way when you transfer funds. You are entitled to the same identical services in each of the 4 health-funds, as prescribed by the law.
When can I change from one Kupah to another?
You are only entitled to change health-funds at 6 different intervals during the year and you cannot change over more than twice a year.
|Dates for Changeover||Changeover Effected Date|
- Learn Hebrew with our free word sheets: Medical terms with English and transliterations
- Contacting your health fund – understanding the automated answering service
- Medical & Health Resources