How do I transfer the Hevrat HaHashmal electricity bill to my name?
You certainly don’t want to be responsible for a previous tenant’s outstanding electricity bill or be forced to take on any of their utility debts. If your moving into your own place or renting it is always preferable to have your utility bills registered in your name. Transferring your Israel electricity bill from Hevrat Hahashmal, to your name, is easy and takes only a few minutes
So, what do I do?
You can process the change online via the Israel Electric Company website here https://www.iec.co.il/pages/customerregistration.aspx
There are links to 2 PDF forms (in Hebrew)
- The first is to change the name of the client לטופס בקשה להחלפת שם לקוח בנכס
- The second is to register a new client for a new dwelling – לטופס בקשה לרישום לקוח בנכס חדש
Download and complete the appropriate form and fax it to 1-800-200-103. Alternately you can scan the document and email it to the appropriate recipient:
firstname.lastname@example.org for residents of the Dan region
email@example.com for Haifa residents
103M3firstname.lastname@example.org for residents of the South
email@example.com for Jerusalem residents
103M2firstname.lastname@example.org for residents of Israel’s Northern region
You can also transfer directly by calling 103. Click here for a translation of the Israel Electric Company automated answering service.
Enter your Contract Number (on the top left hand corner of the electricity bill, the meter reading and your personal details: your name, Teudat Zehut number and phone number
The new bill will now be registered in your name
- Your electricity bill translated from Hebrew to English
- Different times of the day, different electricity tariffs
- Free word sheet – Household appliances with Hebrew, English and transliterations
- Israel Electric Corporation and electricity services explained