Coronavirus updates for Rosh Hashanah and all the upcoming Tishrei festivals
28 August 2021
It’s official! No lockdown or curfew over Rosh Hashanah.
23 August 2021
- Travelers to Uman, Ukraine: all travelers traveling to Uman over the Rosh Hashana holidays will be required to be tested 72 hours before their flight – vaccinated or not. Similarly, returning travelers will require a coronavirus test 72 hours prior to their return flight as well as a third test at Ben Gurion airport.
22 August 2021
- The coronavirus infection rate – the “R” rate, in Israel has dropped slightly. If this trend continues, a curfew over the holidays may not be necessary.
- Israel will not be opening its borders to incoming tourists for the Tishrei holidays. Borders are only expected to open in October.
- Travel directives allowing Hasidim to travel to Uman, over Rosh Hashanah, are expected to be on tonight’s corona cabinet meeting.
- Daily coronavirus updates