Last Updated on January 30, 2022
Renewing and paying for your vehicle license online is simple and easy to do.
The Israel Ministry of Transport has made it easier to renew and pay for your vehicle license – you can do it online.
Things you need to know about vehicle license renewal in Israel
- Driver’s licenses are renewable every 10 years but your vehicle license needs to be renewed annually.
- You need a copy of your vehicle license when you doing the roadworthy test.
- Every vehicle has to be insured with Compulsory Insurance – ‘Hova’
- It is illegal to drive without Compulsory Insurance
- If your vehicle’s license has expired, you’ll need to have it towed to a testing station for the roadworthy test.
|Roadworthy test||Mivchan Ma’asi (a.k.a Test)||מבחן מעשי (slang: Test – טסט)|
- Learn useful Hebrew words and phrases like these, by topic
- Vehicle license categories
- Road and traffic signs
How to pay your vehicle license?
There are 4 ways to pay for your vehicle license in Israel
- At the post office in cash, by credit card, cheque or bank transfer
- By phone – dial *5678, or +972-3-9695678 from abroad
- At a self-service center with the vehicles license holder’s credit card.
- Online with a credit card or by bank transfer
- When you pay online or by phone, your temporary license will be emailed to you and you can print it on any printer – black or colour.
- When you pay at a self-service center or the post office, a printed temporary license is issued.
At the testing station
- You’ll get a sticker for your vehicle from the testing station when your vehicle passes the test. You must attach the sticker to the front windscreen of your vehicle and it must be clearly visible.
- Prior to your test, you can also print the vehicle license at the vehicle testing station.