Learn Hebrew: Do we drink or eat soup?
אוכלים או שותים מרק
Although you generally drink liquids, you eat with a spoon, so would you drink a cup of soup and eat a bowl of soup? Like in English, in Hebrew the word drink is most commonly used when you don’t use an utensil. So in Hebrew, you would drink a cup of soup (without a spoon). However if you need to chew some of the ingredients and used a spoon, you would eat the soup.
- Confusing Hebrew words and phrases
- Hebrew palindromes and homophones
- Common Hebrew acronyms and abbreviations & watch the video
- Hebrew greetings for all occasions
- Improve you Hebrew vocabulary, use our free words sheets with Hebrew, English and transliterations
Here are some useful Hebrew soup words
|שותים מרק||Shotim Marak||Drink soup|
|אוכלים מרק||Ochlim Marak||Eat soup|
|מרק עוף||Marak Of||Chicken soup|
|מרק ירקות||Marak Yerakot||Vegetable soup|
Did you know that Ashe Mast is a soup of Persian origin. This thick yoghurt soup is still popular throughout Iran. Traditionally, Ashe Mast is served as an entrée. The Ashe Mast when cooked, slightly resembles a risotto. Great idea for the Shavuot dairy meal. Here is the recipe…