Learn new Hebrew words. What is מל”ל?
Here is the next lesson in our series of acronyms and abbreviations. The words we have learned so far have all been in the Israeli news headlines recently. This time we are teaching you the Hebrew abbreviation מל”ל – pronounced MALAL.
Lets recap, this is what we have learned so far:
- The Hebrew word for virus and pandemic
- The abbreviation for unpaid leave
- The abbreviation for Chairman
- The abbreviation for public transport
- The abbreviation for the Home Front Command
Now, let’s learn this new abbreviation
|מל”ל||MALAL||מטה לביטחון לאומי
Mateh L’Bitachon Leumi
|National Security Council|
This is an example of how the abbreviation מל”ל is used in a sentence:
English: The Prime Minister has requested that MALAL develop a plan to end the lock down.
Hebrew: ראש הממשלה ביקש ממל”ל להכין תכנית לסיום ההסגר
Transliteration: Rosh HaMemshalah bikesh M’MALAL l’hachin tochnit l’siyum hahesger
- Learn more Hebrew words with our free word sheets with English and transliterations, by topic
- More acronyms and abbreviations
Israel’s National Security Council
Did you know that the National Security Council is Israel’s central body for coordination, integration, analysis and monitoring in the field of national security and is the staff forum on national security for the Israeli Prime Minister and Government?