The total estimated population of the State of Israel - latest figures.
Hebrew: נתונים דמוגרפיים על האוכלוסייה בישראל
The Latest Population Figures as of May, 2019
- On the eve of Israel's 71st birthday, the population has topped 9 million people. According the the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics there are now 9.021 million citizens and legal permanent residents are living in Israel. The population is expected to reach 10 million by 2024, 15 million by 2048 and 20 million by 2065.
- There are currently 166,000 foreign nationals residing in Israel who were not included in the total population figure
- Israel's Jewish population is 6,697,000 (74.2%). The Arab population is 1.890 million (20.9%) while other communities total 434,000 (4.8%).
- Over the past year, 185,000 live births have been recorded
- 45,000 deaths were recorded
- Israel has the highest birth rate in the OECD, with an average of 3.11 births/woman.
Life expectancy at 2017
- Average - 82.65 years
- Men - 80.7 years
- Women - 84.6 years
Total new immigrants to Israel in the last 5 years
- 29,600 in 2018
- 28,400 in 2017
- 25,011 in 2016
- 36,000 in 2015
- 27,993 in 2014
Approximately 45% of the total world Jewish population now lives in the State of Israel.
Latest population figures for Israel's largest cities & towns at 2017 from the Israel CBS
|Tel Aviv - Yaffo||443,939|