Thursday, 12 December 2019
Local Time In Israel Asia - Jerusalem


(Reading time: 1 - 2 minutes)

Documents Needed for Aliyah

Prepare the Paperwork!


At least one month before your Aliyah or Relocation would be a good time to start collecting certificates, degrees, diplomas and other important documents for your family.

Documents Check List

√ All foreign passports or travel documents for the entire family

All identity documents

Lots of passport photos (10 – 15 per person)

√  Medical certificates and reports

Birth certificates

√  Pre-nuptial agreements

Marriage certificates (civil and/or your ketubah)

Divorce agreements and certification

Jewish conversion documentation

Proof of guardianship


Foreign drivers licenses

Banking and accounts information

International credit cards

Original degrees, diplomas and certificates (they can be translated and notarized in Israel if necessary), copies of syllabi and your high school diploma

√  Letters of recommendation from past employers or institutions

√  Resumes

Official documentation confirming the start and end date of studies.

Professional licenses (notarized in your country of origin)

Official documentation confirming completion of the specified period of practical work (doctors etc. who are required to do internship or practical work in order to get their degree, diploma or license)

Official documentation confirming clinical work in hospitals or medical institutions.

Letter(s) of "Good Standing" from the appropriate professional boards.

For non-license holders: An official university transcript and (if possible) the syllabi of relevant courses. 

A letter from the licensing board in your country stating that you are a member in good standing (with the exception of payment of annual fees).

Lawyers / Attorneys / Advocates - Proof (from the bar) that you are an attorney and Certification of Good Standing

Army authorizations, exemptions and deferments for returning residents

Children returning to Israel on their own have to bring copies of their parent’s passport

Warranties if they have international recognition

If you are bringing a car from your country of origin, you will need to bring proof of ownership and car registration documents.


<<...Back to the Aliyah & Relocation Index