Latest Israel Emergency Coronavirus Regulations & Updates.
At a press conference on Saturday evening, March 14th, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced a barrel of new emergency measures to fight against and protect the people from the Covid-19 Coronavirus.
Briefly, the new measures include:
- If you can work from home - do so.
- Practice good hygiene
- Keep a personal and social distance of 2m
- Last week's order limiting gatherings to 100 people has now been overturned and indoor gatherings of more than 10 people are not allowed.
- Cafes, restaurants, theaters, cinemas and recreational centers to close
- Banks and supermarkets will be operating as usual.
- Kindergartens and special education to close. This is over and above last week's order for schools and universities to close there doors temporarily.
- Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit approved the use of cyber technology to track the phones of coronavirus patients in Israel.
- Payment on public transport only via RavKav. Other restrictions still to be announced.
Justice Minister Amir Ohana also announced that in order to counter the spread of coronavirus, emergency measures will be taken affecting the workings of Israel's courts, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's trial, currently scheduled to begin on Tuesday has been postponed to May.